Premium Natural Soil Conditioning Product
Terra meaning soil or earth, synergy meaning ‘working together’. The outcome of the whole becomes larger than sum of its individual parts.
A South African produced product, designed around the needs of horticultural and agricultural customers. Cost effective and an easy to incorporate as a soil conditioning additive. Aids and improves the soils water retention capacity and assist in general plant growth.
Terra – Synergy® product profile:
TERRA Synergy® contains a mixture of naturally biodegradable super absorbent polymers that retain up to 300% of its own weight in water. The polymer will release the retained water over time, keeping the soil hydrated, reducing the amount of irrigation needed and making plants and crops more resistant to drought conditions. The polymers have a lifespan of up to 5 years and degrade over time into natural elements that are absorbed as building blocks further supporting plants and the soils biosphere.
TERRA Synergy® is further enhanced by the addition of dried Ecklonia Maxima that add large amounts of organic insoluble carbohydrates to assist in improving soil structure and aeration and that also have excellent moisture retention properties.
Lastly TERRA Synergy® contains Agricultural grade activated carbon, the second organic addition to TERRA Synergy® this grade is specifically produced for Created Earth from local alien vegetation to standards required for implementation in the South African Agricultural industry. Activate Carbon is a sterile, high carbon content material and a desirable soil additive, due to its porous structure and resulting high surface area it has the ability to attract and retain water ,nutrients, phosphates, and agrochemicals that are retained for the plant’s benefit. Plants are therefore healthier, and less fertilizer leaches into surface or groundwater, also the unique pore structure provides a secure habitat for micro-organisms and fungi. Certain fungi form a symbiotic relationship with plant root fibers, this allows for greater nutrient uptake by plants. Lastly activated carbons are known to sequestrate carbons in to the soil and so can help reduce the ever more important ‘carbon foot print’.
Available in 1, 5, 10 and 20 liter tubs or 25kg bulk bags.
- Faster & better plant establishment due to stronger & deeper root development.
- Increased survival rate, Healthier plants & increased yields.
- Increased mineral and water retention capacity of the soil biosphere.
- Significant Water savings and better use of fertilizers.
- Higher resistance to drought stress and diseases.
- Enable plant growth in degraded, saline or otherwise marginal soils.
Observed Cost savings from the use of Terra – Synergy®
Direct cost savings:
- Fertilizer input savings due to better absorption and availability of applied fertilizers.
- Water / irrigation savings.
- Labour cost savings.
- Reduced growth time to maturity.
- Reduced plant-stock replacement costs due to reduced die off of young plants.
- Reduced capital layout costs for fertilizers.
- Reduced capital layout for water storage & reduced irrigation system maintenance costs.
TERRA-Synergy® Product application
TERRA-Synergy® does not contain any chemical fertilizers and can be implemented together with or as part of an existing fertilizer regime.
TERRA-Synergy® is always applied in the root zone of the plant and cannot be applied as a surface application or through a broadcast applicator.
Best results are obtained when TERRA-Synergy® is mixed with the soil around the root zone and topped off with untreated planting medium.
Suggested Application rates:
Trees, shrubs in open ground conditions:
1.5gr per dm3/liter of soil used or alternatively 1.5 kg per m3 mixed with plant medium
- 20x20x30 cm (standard spade depth ) =12dm3 x 1.5gr = 20 gram TERRA-Synergy®
- 40x40x40 cm (double spade width) = 64dm3 x 1.5 gr = 100 gram TERRA-Synergy®
- 1mx1mx1m = 1m3 x 1.5 gr= 1.5kg TERRA Synergy®
Due to the varied conditions of a nursery setting it is recommended to use between 3 -5 grams per liter of planting medium or 3- 5 kg per M3 for newly planted plants and the above recommended 1.5 grams per
liter (1.5kg per m3) when transplanting these to larger size bags.
Bedding or trench planting:
100 grams per 1m2 or:
- Trench width 10cm > 100gr over 10 meters
- Trench width 20cm > 100gr over 5 meters
- Trench width 50cm > 100gr over 2 meters
- Bed width 80cm > 100gr over 1.25 meters
- Bed width 1.2m > 100gr over 0.80 meters
Please note: The above are recommended application rates are for general application only, crop specific application may vary according to type of crop planted and local climate and environmental circumstances and application rates can be safely adjusted accordingly.